Monday, September 20, 2010

I had to write a "descriptive paragraph" for my composition class. Mom said I ought to put it on my blog, so here I am. Of course I changed a few details........I couldn't remember every single word that was spoken!

The Dog Ride
I hopped up into the grooved, leaf-strewn truck bed, right behind my siblings and the two dogs. The tailgate slammed shut. Amos, the dog, gave me a lick on the face. “All ready?” came the call from the cab. “Ready!” we yelled. With a lurch, the truck started. My sister squealed with delight as the ride bumped and jostled us against each other. Once we were to the side of the road, we picked up speed. The wind whistled past the sides of the truck. It was exhilarating. As we
whizzed along, I looked up at the sky, which was a delicate azure, with hardly any clouds. Beautiful. The air smelled of pine and sweet grass. It also smelled of dogs, but I didn't mind...too much. Gleefully, Amos stood with his front paws on the side of the pickup. Elated at this unexpected bit of fun, the other canine stuck his nose in my face and grinned, if ever a dog could grin. I laughed and smiled back. Stroking his soft fur, I thought, Surely, surely, they must have dog rides in heaven.


Thank you for the dog ride, Grandaddy.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

GREAT JOB CATIE.

God gave you a great gift of speech AND writing.

*claps*

You are so talented.

love ya